May 31, 2012
Top 5 Productivity Apps for Smartphones
If there’s one thing we all seem to want, it’s more time. There just never seems to be enough time in the week to get everything done that we’d like while still managing to have a life outside of the office. The answer, of course, is to work smarter, not harder. As with everything, there’s an app for that. And these great smartphone productivity apps will help you get more done in less time.
1) Evernote is the app for people who want to track and remember anything. Yes, you can take notes with it, but the flexible software can do so much more. Create a contact database by snapping a photo of a business card with your phone, and Evernote instantly stores the info to your account. In fact, you can organize bits and pieces of all sorts of things that you capture from the web, photos, videos, voice reminders, receipts, and so much more. It makes everything searchable, and it syncs across your smartphone, tablet and PC so that you can always find just what you need, when you need it. Free and premium accounts. Available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, and WebOS.
2) Dropbox Stop emailing files to yourself! Save files to your Dropbox account and access them from wherever you are via phone, tablet and computer. Dropbox delivers effortless synchronization across your various platforms, including Mac, Windows, Linux and mobile. Share videos, photos, and any kind of document with anyone else, anywhere. Free and premium accounts. Available for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry.
3) Instapaper How many times do you come across something on the web that you want to read, but you don’t have time at that moment? Instapaper allows you to save web pages to your smartphone to read later without an Internet connection. Great for catching up on your reading during your commute. The simple black and white interface is easy on the eyes. With Canada’s high cost of mobile data, Instapaper will pay for itself quickly. $4.99. Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Kindle.
4) Quickoffice Get all of your Microsoft Office documents on your mobile phone, no matter which OS you use. Create and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents, access them from any device and have the versions sync across all devices. Quickoffice even lets you connect to Dropbox, Google Docs and other collaboration services. $7.99 to $14.99. Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, Android Tablet and Symbian.
5) ReQall What if your to-do list came to you? Now it can. ReQall is a handy app that allows you to record a to-do message for yourself, and it converts the to-do into text and reminds you when the time is near to take care of the task. As well, it is geo-targeted and can remind you of tasks when you are in a particular area. For example, next time you are driving near IKEA, it may remind you to pick up that filing cabinet you want for your office. Free and premium accounts. Available for iPhone, Blackberry and Android.
Of course, the most comprehensive productivity solution for property managers, REITs and owners is Property Vista’s complete suite of cloud-based property management products. Let us know if you’d like to see a demo, call (888) 922-4724.